A tip for pre-cooks – K and K in autumn salad
Cabbage and carrots contain many vitamins and can be stored for a long time, even when sliced.
To keep a cabbage-carrot salad fresh, store it in sealed containers made of aluminium or glass. Put the containers in the refrigerator for a week. As the vegetables soak up the sauce, the salad gets better and better.
It is crucial to prepare the cabbage well, slicing it and soaking it briefly in sea salt water. Swing it to let it dry well. Prepare the carrots with a peeler, rinse them, and dry them well on a cloth or rub them. Wait to slice until dry.
Countless dressings are possible.
To prevent stomach issues, grate ginger and use caraway seeds when eating cabbage.
- A few drops of lemon over the coarsely grated carrots to keep them fresh.
- A few potatoes or rice can also help in many ways.
- Longer cooking and stewing times often release additional nutrients.
- Having personal ingredients on hand for everyday cooking and health is helpful.
- For example, we are choosing beneficial fats.
Reviewing habits regularly can significantly improve daily life.
Drain a tin or jar of preserved corn kernels, rinse, and dry on a kitchen towel. Drain one pot of mini cornichons, rinse and dry on a kitchen towel.
Make the dressing for one medium-sized shaved cabbage and 1.5 kg grated carrots:
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard coarse or fine
- 4 tbsp dried chives
- 4 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (to taste)
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp mild yellow curry
- Stir in 1 dl pure coconut milk and season with soy sauce and 1 tbsp. Vegetable bouillon powder (fat-free) to taste. (Coconut milk is not required – to taste)
- 1 – 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise (to taste)
- 3 – 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- If needed, a few dashes of soy sauce and some coarsely ground pepper.
- 1 level tsp lavender honey (optional and depending on the sweetness of the balsamic)
- Stir well and add ingredients according to consistency and taste.
- Add cabbage, carrots, corn and cornichons and mix very well.
- Cover it well and place it in a well-chilled refrigerator? It can be used for several days.
- Garnish with tree nuts and pumpkin seeds. Serve with potatoes baked briefly in the oven, risotto, etc.
- If you’re sensitive, sprinkle some caraway seeds over the salad.